Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A teeny bit obsessed

Ms. Frances the cat had amputation surgery of her left hind leg yesterday, to remove the growing lump that threatens to invade her whole body. She came home this evening and she seems to be doing as well as can be expected with only 3 legs. I feel like a complete and utter shit for doing this to her. At least she's getting the good pain meds.

Meanwhile I have been assiduously and compulsively knitting a colourwork mitten this last week.
This was what was finished after 3 pm last Saturday. It is really a deep heathered plum purple; the picture is crappy. As of the Sunday the entire mitten body was done, only lacking a thumb.

Why yes I've been knitting something requiring lots of attention so I don't think too much about everything else going on.

Fuck cancer. Fuck rich white men playing roulette with my livelihood and that of my family and friends.

No comments: