Friday, February 29, 2008

C is for Catatonic

No, not really, but it's a state that has a certain appeal right now. I am very behind in a lot of things; work, prizes, gardening, email, and library books included. (Thank goodness for online renewal systems. And I apologize to all the librarians. Really I'm not usually this bad). Thank you all so much for the well wishes. I will get back to you soon, I do promise.

C is also for cabin fever which I've got real bad right now, seeing as we've had an extremely unusual 2 weeks of unseasonable sunny days. It's not all that much fun to have to work inside right now. And 50 degrees F! Gah, it's almost balmy. The clouds are supposed to close in tomorrow for thunderstorms and possible hail.

I finished the first sock of the obsessive-compulsive control socks. So pretty. I like to admire them in the sunshine from the window. Have I done anything AT ALL on the Mission Possible projects? HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA no.

I keep collecting C words to use and pictures to accompany them and then not getting everything together. So it might be several days of C-celebration here. You've been warned. For today: there's a lot of great C words that just sound nifty, not matter what their meaning. I always liked the line about "concupiscent curds" in the Wallace Stevens poem. Compulsory, concurrent, cupidity, coordinate, celeriac. Maybe I just like 3-syllable words with 2nd-syllable emphasis.

Really, though, c will always be for
COOKIE


mmmmmmmmmm cookies

No comments: