Thursday, March 12, 2009

All today's chocolate is medicinal

Almost a month, but not quite. Sorry, every time I go to write, it just sounds stupid.

Spring has been pretty cold (for here) so far but things are stubbornly budding out anyway. I'm on the tail end of a cold (7 days! Thanks immune system!) and just trying to sleep through the night without waking myself coughing. Maybe tonight's the lucky one. At 3 am the other day I discovered that possibly dark chocolate is a cough suppressant. Since neither the diphenhydramine or the dextromethorphan seem to be doing a thing, I figured, why not try? Tastes better too.

The crocuses (crocii?) say: screw the cold

The hellebore's on board for that.


I've been reading too much news. And then something happened last weekend that kind of slashed my already very small stash of self-esteem. Later, coming home, I flipped on the radio and it was the Dies Irae from Mozart's Requiem, and that just about summed up my mood. But hey, doing better! Everyone looks better when they're not uncontrollably coughing, is my motto.

And look, I actually finished something!

Tthe pattern and yarn from Twisted's (LYS) 2009 one-skein club: a special pattern and skein of yarn every other month. My mother-in-law sneakily signed me up for my birthday. It was a lovely present.


The yarn is Malabrigo Silky Merino. It's gorgeous stuff and a pleasure to knit with, although I believe it's already been established that I have a difficult time refusing anything involving silk. These took less than a skein, and I did an extra repeat on the arms. AND I FINISHED THEM IN FEBRUARY. LESS THAN A MONTH FROM OBTAINING THE YARN. I might just croak from the novelty of it (my voice is now an octave higher today. Win!) I needed some kind of success, OK? Also, sometimes it's just really nice to follow someone else's pattern, exactly as written, and just knit and have something turn out beautiful.

P.S. Saw this on Metafilter and it makes me giggle every time I look at it: Urban Camouflage, or how to blend in at Ikea.

No comments: