Saturday, April 09, 2011

This year's cherries

From Thursday. A friend and I walked down to waterfront park at lunchtime to admire them.


The weather finally broke last Thursday, the 31st. It's been up and down since then, but at least it feels like SPRING. My sinuses say it does too. And yesterday it was honest-to-goodness sunshine all day long (never mind the frost the night before)

Not a cherry, but a beautiful old tree near where I work, covered in big white blossoms.

I might have a bit of a blossom fixation right now. Please don't hold it against me.

6 comments:

Cookie said...

S beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us, sweetie.

pacalaga said...

Beautiful!

Carole Knits said...

They are gorgeous! Thank you for taking and posting photos.

Knittripps said...

Pretty! Thank you for sharing. It is really Spring here. The temperature today even got into the mid eighties.

alittleweirdo said...

Very pretty! I need to make time to walk along the waterfront to admire the flowers :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I have never been around cherry trees -- do they smell good in blossom?