Friday, January 09, 2009

Don't get around much any more

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Despite some traveling drama (really, not all that much, considering. One of my coworkers had her PLANE CATCH ON FIRE - not a tiny one either, a big commercial one. Now, that was a story. Don't worry, she's fine), we made it all the places we were intending to go and saw most of the people we would have liked to see. Nonetheless, it's almost comforting to get back into routine, but I sure miss the free time. We haven't had any problems despite the snows, ice, and lately the torrential downpours (I-5 is closed 60 miles north of us, with 10 feet (FEET!) of water on the freeway); thank you so much for your comments and concern.

It is 9 days into the new year and I'm already behind. Agggh. I'll try to catch up this weekend. I've only got a dozen or so Christmas cards left to send out, and a couple packages, buy a couple wedding presents, answer a bunch of email, call the dentist, the vet (yearly appointment), and the cat lady, make a laundromat run to wash the quilts... and I'm going to Hawaii in February, for the first time. Just because.

Happy new year!

No comments: