Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Keep Big Alice Weird*

Rabbitch tagged me for a meme! I don't usually do memes but I feel all squishy inside 'cuz no ones ever tagged me specifically before. Squishy. Maybe I should have the doctor check that out.

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

My Weird List
  1. I use handkerchiefs. I got tired of the wads of wet tissue in my pockets.

  2. Using the wrong word for the subjunctive tense bugs me. It's WERE, people. IF SHE WERE. Normally I'm not such a grammar avenger.

  3. I avoid caffeine. I have absolutely no tolerance and it makes me shake, babble on and on, and type badly. I stick with water, fruit juice, and booze. Also, I NEED another addiction? I don't think so.

  4. I have a great memory for obscure facts, especially media, but I cannot recall facts on request most of the time. I also can't remember useful things such as names and phone numbers. I could tell you the full detailed plot of a book I read when I was 7, but I won't remember your name.

  5. I don't watch TV. We own a TV for games and movies, but have yet to connect the tuner and don't have cable. I don't miss it, except socially (when everyone's talking about blah blah blah show and I have no clue). That's why God invented DVDs.

  6. I know all the words to Lewis Caroll's poem, Jabberwocky (see #4).

And one bonus, not really weird, just LAME:

7. I am really, really bad about keeping up with my email. I used to check it twenty times a day, but now I've gone the other way. Really, I'm not snubbing or ignoring you. Just really bad at the email, ok?

I'm not gonna tag anyone because I'm bashful and because certain people might hunt me down and rip out my still-beating heart and feed it to their cat. I'll just encourage you to share your weirdness, people.

------------------------

* which is a reference to a popular bumper sticker here in Portland:

Keep Portland Weird

K and I agree that it's like being cool: if you have to say it, then you're only quirky. And not in a good way. The stickers are a little too establishment, you know? Too "movement"?
Ha, but the best one I ever saw was just:

Keep Portland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those "weird" things about you, especially knowing the plot line to a book you read at 7 years old....between the list and the cool knitting spot, cool.....

Anonymous said...

ALICE!!! I just noticed your MEATHEAD HAT was one of the ones chosen for PUBLICATION!!!!YEAH!!

Zardra said...

There was a Keep Santa Cruz Weird movement down here a couple years ago. I don't go over the hill as much as I used to, but the last time I visited SC I thought it could maybe do with a little less weird.