Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An effort to think positively today

Random things I like
  • Garlic
  • Very fresh butter
  • the way grass moves in waves when blown by the wind
  • the feel of silk charmeuse
  • The Princess Bride, by Willim Goldman (referring here to the book. The movie's pretty good too, but I'm thinking of the book today)
  • pale green of new spring leaves
  • tulips
  • seeds
  • fresh sugar-snap peas
  • blue hydrangeas
  • Frances the cat, purring as she sits on my chest
  • bird tracks in the sand
  • tasty BEvERages
  • sleeping
  • bouncy, springy wool yarn
  • D'Affinois brie
  • grilled salmon
  • GOOD chocolate chip cookies
  • drinking and eating and talking on the back patio on a summer evening as the stars come out
  • fresh raspberries picked from the vine
  • bouquets of dahlias from the Farmer's market
  • candlelight
  • blueberry pie
  • Twilight Zone marathons (oh yes, so horribly cheesy and dated and slow-paced, but I like the concept of T.Z. Marathons)
  • DVD players
  • massive summer thunderstorms in the desert
  • sound that snow makes when it's falling
  • EuroRails (it's a board game)
  • Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade
  • Vineland, by Thomas Pynchon
  • the clouds scudding quickly across the sky

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this list. I am going to do one tomorrow when I am supposed to be working!

Anonymous said...

What a good idea -- I might do one too.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing OK. Rain/snow got ya down?

pacalaga said...

NICE! I wanna play too!

Zardra said...

That's a list I can agree with.

Carol said...

I found you through JeLa's and I like this! OR is my dream relocation you know, and now that I see you have stars at night? We don't have many in the city. If you ever want a buddy to watch EVERY episode of the Twighlight Zone Marathon with ya, I'm you're girl!

Olga said...

Yep, me too! You are FAMOUS!!!!I betcha this blog idea will go down into history! Please be flattered that everyone is running with this, it's a great idea, I'm stealing it too,ok?

zoe said...

I love your list!!! You are great