Thursday, January 24, 2008

This song's just six words long

But this post isn't. Because I do go on and on and on and on, and it's that kind of week. Think of it as an opportunity to improve your blog skimming skills!

Moonrise over Portland

I haven't said much lately because I just haven't had much to say that's worth committing to paper. Um, or bytes. It's been cold, in the 20s of the Fahrenheit, not breaking above freezing all week long (ha, I see you all scoffing in the back there. Scoff away, but when you aren't prepared for cold, it comes as a rude shock.)

But the cold also means that it's sunny, sunny, sunny! (It's a weather pattern thing.) I've gotten more Vitamin D this week than I usually do for an entire winter month.



It's right now that I wish wholeheartedly that I had not dragged my feet about making myself a big comfy wool sweater. I don't have much in the way of heavy sweaters so this week has been Adventures in Layering! And constantly wearing a wool cap!

I've fallen into this trap again where I blink a couple times and wonder, 'where the hell did January go?' The days kind of slide along without me paying much attention to them. This is not good. I need to wake up. I need to stop jonesing after chocolate and cookies and red vines (yum, love those red vines). It's as if I need that little endorphin rush, little comfort of food, so I can feel and enjoy something. Break up the days?


And there's been this kind of low-level grumpiness all the time, which is why I haven't written, because who wants to read unending lists of unimportant things that annoy me? Such as the guy who almost ran me over the other night (no I was not jaywalking), and the stupid building they're building which requires this infernal machine that pounds 60-foot pylons into the ground with an enormous hydraulic-powered hammer. Hey, could be worse, I could be working door next to that building. You can see the glass shake in the windows of the other surrounding buildings when they have it going.


I don't know what the point of this; there really isn't a point. I gotta snap out of it. Maybe it's the cold, dry wind. I think it's just me. I think I get this way every January, restive and dissastified with everything. I need to play my pay attention game, where instead of 'thinking' (dwelling about things), I try to concentrate on all the details of everything I'm seeing, touching, smelling. It helps me focus so that the time doesn't just slip away. It helps me be now, not waiting for something to arrive.

Enh, enough metaphysical crap. The navel-gazing is reaching noxious proportions. Instead I will show you the high, high Kwality local reporting:
I hope the poodle is okay.

No comments: