Friday, March 14, 2008

The Anti-Back

K the love monkey got free tickets to Cirque du Soleil, which I have never seen, so we went last night. The show was beautiful, very impressive. It's probably best I never saw this when I was a kid because I'd probably have tried to devote my life to getting into it (I was kind of an attention hog kid. What'd I want to be when I grew up? A movie star.) That would've been disappointing because I'm extremely uncoordinated and not exactly the tumbling body type (I sucked SO MUCH at ballet. And I was only 6).

Anyway, I was enormously impressed and entertained, and I admit to complete and utter envy that people could contort and move in such ways, especially as I was sitting there hoping my back would last out sitting for 2.5 hours. Really, still pictures don't do the show justice--a huge part of the show was the lighting, ambience, and sound, as well as the costumes and props and movement. If you ever liked watching the gymnastics at the summer Olympic and wished, oh, that there were better costumes and it was more like Ice Dancing, you'll love this. Except the dude hanging from the girl's hair. OW.

No comments: