I know, there was Estes Park, but that's also an expensive plane ticket away, it was back in June, and, um, none of them knew me from a shawl-stealing axe murderer?
Hey, so I am going to Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival in the grand metropolis of Canby, Oregon, THIS WEEKEND! WOOOO!
In honor of my west coast homies, I present:
The OFFF drinking game
Fun for the whole over-21 family!
Take a drink when you see:
- The Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth!
- Another if you escape with only enough yarn for one pair of socks
- The Llama Barn! LLAMA! LLAMA! (duck)
- Pygora goats. (you must NOT expire from the cuteness)
- Raining? Better get a coffee (-1, too tipsy = slippery)
- Raining hard? Better make it a double. Espresso. (-2, really too tipsy = stuck in the mud/eaten by slugs)
- Fleece to shawl competition! Drink an extra shot for those hard workers.
- A Huacaya alpaca. +1 more if you know/have learnt the difference between them and the Suris.
- Yarn that you cannot live without
- Roving that you cannot live without.
- Family members/friends dragging you away from all that you can't live without (-1, more caffeine needed for fiber-lifting strength)
- Myrna Stahman (teaching multiple classes!)
- Carolina Homespun of San Fran-cisco! Rachael recommends their alpaca as being LUSH.
- A vendor or exhibitor from Boring, OR. Most honest rural town name ever.
- A Woolee Winder at work (why does that name always sound vagulely naughty to me?)
Winning conditions: Whomever is still staggering around with their yarn/fleece/take-home-sheep after all that deserves another drink! Or, go back to to Blue Moon Fiber Arts and make your buddies buy you some MORE! SOCK! YARN!
Wooo! See you Saturday!