Monday, August 28, 2006

Yes, she actually does knit.

Current projects


Lily of the Valley stole; design by Fiddlesticks Knitting

Sprawled on the patio, soaking up the rays.

No, it's not done yet. I'm in the midst of pattern repeat #21 or 22 (It's far too soul-killing to count them regularly so I don't). I get a few rows done a day -- usually 4 per weekday, when I can get 2 done on the way to work and 2 done on the way back, but since the pattern repeat is 14 rows it's slow-going. I also (erm) occasionally drive to work, and not much knitting gets done on those days. Weekends are hit 'n' miss.

It was going to be a wedding stole but 1) it was too off of white, and 2) I started too late and wasn't willing to drive myself batty to finish it in time. It was all a happy ending as it was too warm to wear a shawl anyway.

____________

Kurt's slip-stitch pullover. This is loosely based on his current favorite sweater - at least, the sizing, shape, and colors.

He would like ribbing but doesn't want it to pull in too much. Hence the various swatches to get an idea how much pulling-in various ribbings have, and what design he'd like. These are 3x3, 2x2, 1x1 (top to bottom on the left), and 3x1 and mistake rib (top to bottom on the right). He settled on the 2x2 and now I'm just experimenting with casting on lots of extra stitches then decreasing them all down as soon as the stockinette/slip-stitch portion starts. I love love love the Karabella Aurora 8! Oh so squishy.


A blue/green diamond quilt that's been on my design wall for an embarassing amount of time. I keep playing with the color and texture arrangement. It's destined to become a bed quilt once I finally decide on something. Below it are some small color studies in Amish quilt colors and patterns that I did earlier this year, and a random piece o' fabric I like. I was (am!) slowly working my way through Roberta Horton's An Amish Adventure: A Workbook for Color in Quilts.

And last: a teaser shot of my finished (and blocked!) Kiri shawl

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

It can be frustrating when you feel like you're not making progress. I hope the stole is done soon - it's going to be gorgeous.