Not that bad
(link from the Knitting Troll)
WEBS is having a sale on a buncha Jaeger. So far...resisting.
Everything seems irritating today. S'probly the summer cold I think I'm getting (damn kids! where are my Cold-Eez?). K and I discuss: just what word is the opposite of achey?
short irritation list
- the word "furbaby"
- using "an" in front of "historic" without dropping your 'h's British-style.
- news announcers too wussy to pronounce "harass" correctly
- stupid misogynist action novels masquerading as science fiction (bastards. Read some Iain Banks or Alistair Reynolds instead.)
- Tom's of Maine is discontinuing their fluoride Cinnamint toothpaste. Screw that, I'm never going back to Crest. I'll stockpile whatever I can get my hands on. Does toothpaste ever expire?
- Skin products salespeople urging me to use moisturizers. Ha. Hi, my face is so oily I have to wash it twice a day. Twice A DAY. More moisture is the last thing in the universe I need.
- My in-laws cannot pronounce "Oregon" correctly. Tip: it does NOT rhyme with "polygon".
- The Historian on CD which I checked out randomly and is proving surprisingly engaging (so far. One disk down. 23 to go)
- Amazon still has Tom's of Maine Cinnamint toothpaste in 6-packs.
- Cracker ("You remember me, I crashed your wedding / with some orange crepe paper and some Halloween candy")
- The restoration of Digit
- coconut chocolate chip cookies from the Paradise bakery