Friday, July 13, 2007

No beer & no TV make Homer go....

That title has nothing to do with anything, but it sure was a great Simpsons episode.


Reasons I'm scattered today.

Because it is Friday.
Because some people are having a hard time right now.
Because it rained a true summer thunderstorm last night (we NEVER get that here. NEVER. I haven't seen one since I last was in New Mexico. We stood on the porch and watched it pour down, and the sky flash, and I enjoyed it immensely).
Because the new echinacea I planted not only has survived, but is blooming.
Because tonight we are going to a kickass dinner by the fine, fine people who catered our wedding and truly, it was worth every single penny. Every one. I still think about that salmon.
Because there is a Bead Faire (be sure to pronounce it "bead fairy" for maximum snarky entertainment) at the convention center this weekend and I have become heavily addicted to the bright bead shininess.
Because Vista & I are not on speaking terms right now and SxS can kiss my asphodels.

When I think of the beads, I think of this:

The 3 stages of Denial:
1. Not me.
2. Not yet.
3. Not that bad.

No comments: