Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tepid light of morning

Wooo! Being drunk is fun! Except when it isn't!
Sorry for all that maudlinness. I'm usually a happy drunk, but sometimes I go all woe is me. WOE! bah.

A quick garden tour. Lots of stuff is blooming (let's forget the marjoram I mostly killed last week by forgetting to water)
Echinacea purpurea out front (not dead yet!)

Lucky shot. I have yet to get one of the hummingbirds.

Daylily. They aren't joking, the blooms really only last a day.

More daylilies. This one is Stella d'Oro, an old standard. I hit a garage sale where they had landscaped their yard to sell the house and they had a bunch of extra plants for el cheapo. I bought 5 of these and some geranium that's still going strong.

oriental lily. These are new for this year, K's cousin sent us a box of bulbs for Christmas. There were 3 of these and they're the most ungainly looking plants, all tall and spikey, but the flowers are pretty. There was one yellow, one white, and one pink.

Gotta go, Frances is demanding I shut off the rain so she can go out and poop in comfort.

No comments: