Friday, October 19, 2007

One side will make you grow shorter, and one side will make you grow taller

I went to see Crazy Aunt Purl last night (and traffic didn't even suck. Quel miracle!). She was great, I really enjoyed her reading and the questions and meeting her in person. She's terrifically funny and I wish I could be even half so engaging. It's inspiring to see her so triumphant and vibrant after all the crap of the last few years (I admit to having read CAP for a while now. She was one of the first blogs I ever started following). Anyway, all kinds of warm squishiness (in a good way).

Adrienne, I love you, because you said I 'needed a tiara day' and YES THAT IS IT EXACTLY. Emotionally I feel like I've been stuck in a hole, a nasty one with quicksand at the bottom that is slowly sucking me down, and honestly I haven't been dealing well. It may well be time for some pharmaceuticals. But then K did something extraordinarily wonderful for me this morning and I feel about a million times better. YES! And it's Friday and There Is Going to Be Some Dyeing this weekend. And pie. oh yes.

Meanwhile, in a crude segue to something completely unrelated:

I spied these on the way to work yesterday. How did I not see these before? They came out of nowhere!


How awesome are these, bright orange mushrooms! They're just growing in the dirt by the side of the road. And they're enormous!


I must be a weirdo, when funky 70s orange toadstools make me happy.

No comments: