Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lazy

So. Thing #1 was that I did get a new job. (Thing #2, if you didn't see my edit to the post, was my article published in Knitty.) I start next Monday and this week I'm taking as vacation. It's been a long long while since I just had a week of freedom to mess around at home. I do like traveling and vacations, but it's wonderful to just take a week and spend it however damn well I feel like. Call my a hermit or homebody or whatever, but I like my home.

I'm enjoying the sunshine (yes, finally!) and the warm-but-not-hot-weather (highs in the 70s). Monday was errand day. I even biked to the dry cleaners! Yesterday I took a bike ride down the river to a yarn shop in SE Portland after FINALLY mailing some packages. This morning the cat and I are hanging out on the patio in the sunshine, watching the flowers bloom and the crows harass the squirrels. This afternoon I think I'll attempt to bring order to the stash, after vacuuming. (My key to feeling like I'm not the laziest lazy person ever is to get at least 1 tangible chore-like thing done a day. Yesterday was the kitchen.)

Anyway, I haven't been spending a lot of time at the computer, so I'll have to catch up on blogs sometime. Forgive me for slow response times.


The pretty pictures for this post are a skein of hand-dyed yarn I bought yesterday at Abundant Yarn & Dyeworks, whose sock yarn collection is impressive (although can't yet go head-to-head with the fabulous Wall O' Sock Yarn at wonderful Twisted). It's by Happiest Girl! Dyeworks in colorway "Unexpected." I haven't seen this particular dyer's yarn anywhere and I'm in love with this skein. The pictures don't begin to capture the colors - mostly muted greens, blues, and browns, but with the occasional sparkle of turquoise, gold, and electric purple.

I really should have spent some quality time with the image color adjuster for these photos, because they just look disappointing, but that'd cut into my valuable get-a-sunburn time.

It was only self-control and thoughts of all the stash sock yarn waiting patiently for attention that kept me from buying 2 or 3 more skeins in other colorways. I can't wait to see how it knits up.

No comments: