Saturday, February 06, 2010

Roses are Red, Leaves are Green

I love you with all of my spleen!

My current little obsession:
Embossed Leaves socks by Mona Schmidt, from the Interweave Favorite Socks book.

The yarn is my hand-dyed in, oh, I couldn't decide which name I liked better: Jungle Boogie, or I-said-I-wanted-green-dammit, or my current favorite, "Norman Rockwell Green" (from a Jean Shepherd story I just listened to). The base is Socks that Rock lightweight, a millend skein in natural. After my last project I really wanted to do some socks with my own hand dyed yarn. I adore this green. It's variegated enough to tell in the skein, but it doesn't obscure the pattern too much.


This is an addictive little pattern. It's really easy to just keep knitting away on it, and it's not hard to memorize once you get the rhythm of it.

I'm even knitting these pretty close to pattern (except shortening the toe a bit and not doing the first couple of rows as written, just went straight into the twisted rib). I'm using size 0s. I thought for sure I'd run out of yarn but it looks like I'll have just barely enough. I wish the leg were longer, though. Not enough yarn for an extra repeat.

I feel as if I should add a disclaimer that I don't require that nature-motifs be true to color; it just kind of worked out that way. Here's to Spring!

No comments: