Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sacreligious

I'm thinking I'm not going to go to the Black Sheep Gathering this weekend.

I've got my copouts reaons.
  1. I don't spin. The emphasis of this show is really much more on fleece and fiber than finished yarn.
  2. It's a 2 hour drive to Eugene. That means four hours in the car on a beautiful sunny summer weekend.
  3. I don't need any more damn yarn. The temptation levels will likely be quite high.

I would really like to see (and probably purchase) products of the small yarn producers that surely will be there, but (see above).

Maybe instead I'll visit Farmhouse Knit Shop out in Beaverton. I've been wanting to see that place for a while. Or maybe I'll go to Abundant Yarn & Dyeworks, I haven't been there for probably a year and they carry a bunch of undyed yarn, too. Or maybe for reason #3, I should probably just stay home and knit.

---------------------

I bought a new shirt this weekend and you know the first day you try out wearing a new shirt? Especially a style you're not used to wearing? So all day is long progression of "do I look bad? do I look bad? do I look bad? No are you sure?" That's today. Unfortunately it seemed to shrink in the wash just enough to make the buttons gap over the boobs. Sigh. Good thing I wore that black bra today.

No comments: