Saturday, June 02, 2007

Update on the knitting front

What I've been working on:


It looks like a big pile of silken lace chaos before I pinned it all out to get an idea of the length. Hey, look, I can't call it a bucket o' boiled ass as Rabbitch so eloquently named unblocked lace. The silk will get all huffy and tangle up to get back at me. For something so slippery it sure knots up itself easily. And I already have to keep a jar of hand cream handy so invisible hangnails don't catch on the stuff.

Jen's working with seasilk and her Print o' the Wave pattern looks frigging gorgeous, much better than this folly. Ah well, it's not over until it's blocked, yes? Damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

One more repeat and then the edging and then blocking and I am DONE, baby!

No comments: